Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

SWAP Round 4

Hi everyone, remember me telling you all about the parcel I sent to Hungary that vanished, well I sent a replacement parcel and guess what?  It arrived within 1 week - WHAT!!! Go Figure, I am confused!!!

Anyway this is the replacement piece I stitched for my partner. 


Design by Carinne - Scissor Pouch design but I made it into a wall hanging.
Stitched using DMC on a piece of 28ct edged linen.

I also included a piece of blue/grey linen and a fabric heart.

The original parcel is the first and hopefully only one I have ever had go missing on me in the years that I have been exchanging.  The disappointing thing was that the piece I made was one of my absolute favourite exchange pieces I have ever made and that is what upsets me the most, that its out there somewhere with no one to love it!!
Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

10 comments:

shakatak66 said...

Sorry to hear your other parcel went missing - that would just break your heart :( Your replacement is gorgeous though :D

Carol said...

That is so nice of you to stitch a replacement piece for your exchange partner, Lisa! I can't even imagine losing a special piece of your work--that is truly frustrating! Your little bird wall-hanging is wonderful and I'm sure she'll be thrilled to receive it :)

Danielle said...

What a bummer about the missing exchange! Yes, I know how you feel. But your replacement piece is fab!

diamondc said...

Lisa: this is so sweet the colors are sovibrant, very pretty.
Catherine

Christina said...

Beautiful exchange Lisa - I love how you finished it as a wall hanging.
I've often wondered what happens to all of the parcels that go missing? I mean, they don't just disappear into thin air do they?! Are they all sat, unopened, in a big room somewhere?! I guess we'll never know...

BeckySC said...

It's lovely my friend :)
((hugs))

Melissa said...

Yay! So glad to hear that it arrived. Your replacement piece is lovely.

Karen said...

Great replacement! Maybe it decided to take that long needed vacation around the world and will make its way home before too long...

Angela P said...

I'm so glad this one arrived quickly, what a relief! Hopefully that first one will return home soon :)

Vinniey said...

Sorry to hear your package went lost. Such a beautiful replacement package you sent to Hungary. Love the edging of the wall hanging, lovely!