Pages

Sunday, September 5, 2010

I Like A Challenge!

I entered a competition over at the LK Lovers blog, it was a challenge to stitch a freebie design (we all chose the Friendship Grows freebie) and make a different finish with it.
I had never made a hanging pillow design before so I decided that was going to be my finish of choice.  I had received a similar one in an earlier exchange, so I studied it and worked out how the top part was done and then put it all together.
Here is my finished entry.



The challenge worked on a poll voting system, the participants sent along a photo of their entry and the photos were all put on the blog (with no names attached to them to make it fair) and you voted on your favourite piece.
I am very happy to announce that I came 2nd in the challenge and have won some lovely Lizzie Kate goodies that are on their way in the mail to me.  I was soo excited!!  My congratulations go out to Karen T who came in 1st place with her beautiful creation.  Well done Karen!

I have been stitching but everything has been on exchanges, so I dont have anything else to show at the moment.
Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

21 comments:

diamondc said...

Lisa: this pillow is adorable I love the colors and the ribbon is beautiful.
Very nice finish.
Catherine

Lisa S said...

Oh how pretty Lisa!!! I LOVE it! The fabric you chose to goes perfectly with the design.
Great job!!

Deborah said...

Your hanging pillow came out great! love the colors.

Brigitte said...

Congratulations, Lisa. No wonder that you came out second - your pillow is beautifully finished.

Lesleyanne said...

Congratulations on coming second. Your hanging pillow is gorgeous.

Hillery said...

I just thought that this piece was so cute, Lisa. I voted for you. Love the fabric.

Lisa said...

Well done on 2nd place. They were all such lovely finishes, it was really hard to vote.

CalamityJr said...

Congratulations! That is a beautiful piece - the stitching is great and you matched the fabric perfectly. Now you can enjoy your reward!

Karen said...

Lisa...I loved your finish and especially like the top with the big bow. Can you share how you made it? Too cute and the fabric is perfect.

Great job on the challenge.

Lynette said...

Congrats on your 2nd place Lisa. Your pillow is beautiful!

Melissa said...

Congratulations, Lisa! I like that hanging pillow idea! Pretty!

Sharon said...

It's gorgeous Lisa!

Claire said...

Very pretty well done.

Sally said...

Congratulations Lisa! Your finish is gorgeous!

Carol said...

That is great news, Lisa--congratulations!! Your little hanging pillow is darling :)

♥ Nia said...

I saw it on LK fan blog but congratulations again! :D

Mylene said...

A lovely finish! Congratulations!

Suzanne said...

Your hanging pillow is gorgeous, congratulations!

Micki said...

I lvoe your hanging pillow...It is beautiful!
Micki

shakatak66 said...

Gorgeous pillow - like the hanger, it's great :D

BTW, I'm your autumn exchange partner, and I think I forgot to add my email or blog address to the parcel (I was in a hurry to post, and had left your 'real' card at home so I had to buy a replacement at the post office quickly doh!). Anyway, just checking to make sure it arrived safe and sound :) Hugs, Anne

Danielle said...

LOVE that finish! Just gorgeous.