Pages

Sunday, August 22, 2010

A Little Bluebird

This is the surprise RAK gift I had been working on last month.  I wanted to send a little gift over to BeckySC to help bring some joy to her during this time .  Some of her family are going through a rough time at the moment and Becky is devoting all her time to looking after them.  I wrote in her card that I wanted this little "bluebird of happiness" to bring some joy into her life at this time and let her know that her friends are thinking of her. 
Becky is truly a wonderful giving person and she has been so friendly and giving to me this year that I have always wanted to make her something from the heart as a thank you, as soon as I saw this little design I just knew I had to stitch it for her.

(Angled shot to highlight and show ricrac detail and buttons)

Designer - Gazette 94
Stitched on 32ct cream evenweave using DMC
Finished as a pillow

I found the perfect backing fabric for it that had little bluebirds on it flying around.
Becky I'm soo pleased that you love it.

Here is an updated photo of my Lizzie Kate Green flip its.  I have actually just finished another square to but havent managed to take a picture yet.  Only two more squares to go and the border and its all done.


I have also started work on a replacement piece for the exchange that has gone missing.  My partner has checked at her local post office and still nothing has turned up.
Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

15 comments:

Deborah said...

The blue bird is beautiful and what a lovely thing to do. I am always amazed at the kindness of stitchers.

Lisa S said...

I love what you made for Becky! It is so pretty and was very thoughtful of you :) So glad you brought a smile to her face :) I miss her & I hope things turn around for her & her family members.
Your Green Flip it's are looking great!! Can't wait to see it finished!

Hugs

Virpi said...

Pretty bird!

Lesleyanne said...

Your bluebird is gorgeous and the pillow you made it into is lovely too. Lovely progress on your Lizzie Kate.

Vinniey said...

I miss Becky too. I hope this blue bird will bring some cheers to her and her family. Great progress on your LK Green flip.

Catherine said...

What a sweet piece you sent to Becky! I have missed hearing from her. I'm sure his brough a smile to her face.

Karen said...

Love your Bluebird finish.....I love the ricrac detail with the buttons. Will have to "steal" that idea....too cute. I know Becky will treasure it.

Good job on the LK...looking good.

Daffycat said...

Awww, your RAK to Becky is wonderful! This little pillow is a treasure!

Bad news about your exchange. Hopefully it will turn up anyway!

Michelle said...

Lovely stitching Lisa - thank you for sharing the photos.

Brigitte said...

Oh, what a lovely heart-warming gift you made for Becky. And nice progress on the L*K piece.

Carol said...

What a sweet and thoughtful gift for you to stitch for Becky, Lisa! It is beautifully finished and I'm sure it will brighten her days each time she sees it!

Mylene said...

Great progress on your LK piece and what a lovely ornament for Becky. I do hope your package to your partner will turn up eventually.

♥ Nia said...

Lovely gift!! =)
Your LK is looking great!!

Micki said...

The bluebird is just stunning! What a lovely gift!
Micki

Suzanne said...

What a beautiful and very thoughtful gift for Becky. I am sure that it would have brightened her day. Nice work on your LK piece.

I have a similar problem with and exchange as well. It's been a month since I have posted it and I have heard nothing from my partner. I hope that it hasn't been lost either.