Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Blackbirds Exchange Rnd 4

I received word from Marjorie that she had recieved the piece I sent her for Round 4.
There is a bit of a story with this finish.  I was going to make a pin pillow, I picked out the colour to stitch the design in and thought I saw the perfect cording to go with it for the finish.  I ordered that cording.  I finished stitching the design and waited for the cording to arrive.  Well... my delight turned to horror when it did finally arrive as the colour was completely different and didn't go with my stitching at all.  So I had to make a complete rethink of the finish and ended up with a pinkeep instead.
So here is BB's Bluebird design stitched using a hand dyed thread called Logan Berry on 28ct hand dyed pink evenweave.


I am pleased that Marjorie liked it after all that.
Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

7 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely finish.

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Very pretty, Lisa!

Lisa said...

Oh thats lovely, I really like the thread. very pretty finish.

Micki said...

It's really pretty! You did such a great job!
Micki

Lisa S said...

Love it Lisa!!
You did a wonderful job on it as usual :)

Hugs

Sharon said...

What a lovely job - such a sweet finish! :)

Suzanne said...

Lovely finish as always.