Pages

Friday, April 9, 2010

Winter House Exchange

Patti has received the piece I made for her in the HOE Winter House Exchange.

Lizzie Kate - Snow Day
Stitched on dove blue/grey 28ct linen
Using DMC
Finished as a scissor pocket
Embellised with a white snowflake and two silver stars on the top ribbon lining

This is fast becoming one of my favourite finishing methods, I really enjoy putting them together.
Next post I will be able to show some of my RAK's that have been received.
Until then, happy stitching
Lisa

18 comments:

Lesleyanne said...

A lovely finish. Your exchange partners is very lucky.

Siobhan said...

What a fantastic finish! Great job.

linen and floss said...

A beautiful finish it looks wonderful.

I am new to blogging and I hope you don't mind I have added your blog to my sidebar as I love your stitching xx

BeckySC said...

LOVELY as always my friend :)
Have a most wonderful weekend :)
(((((hugs))))

Angela said...

It turned out absolutely perfect! A finish to be really proud of :) Have a great weekend!

Catherine said...

Love it!

Julianne said...

Very nice. I like your complimenting fabric choice.

Lisa S said...

Wonderful finish Lisa!!
I LOVE it!!

Deb said...

That is wonderful Lisa. I'm sure that Patti was thrilled to receive it!!

Conny said...

Absolutely lovely finish! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog.

Patti said...

I have to tell you all that it is a magnificently stitched and finished and has put my heart back into exchanges after having received some very dicey ones to say the least. Thank you so much Lisa because I LOVE IT.
Lots of Love
Patti xxx

Pike said...

Looking great! Although I first thought it was a sort of pocket to hang on the wall.

Mylene said...

What a beautiful piece you made for the exchange. I am sure your partner loves it.

Brigitte said...

That's a lovely finish for the nice motif.

Andrea said...

A gorgeous finish.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Beatuiful stitching and finishing

Micki said...

It's so pretty....great job!
Micki

Suzanne said...

I really love this finish!