Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Major Happy Dancing!!

Yes there was some rather noisy and excited happy dancing going on in my lounge room on Thursday night, and "Why" you might ask....., well I finally finished Homespun Samplar's "The Hunt Sampler" and I'm thrilled to bits with it.  Its stitched on 32ct natural linen using DMC 310.  This will eventually be framed for ME.

Started - March 12, 2009
Finished - March 18, 2010

So it took me just over a year, but that was stopping and starting alot to do my exchange pieces inbetween and also other smaller projects.  It is the largest project I have ever done, and I must say I am very proud of it.
Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

20 comments:

Karen said...

What a great finish! I love the design. Happy dancing with you....happy stitching!

Blu said...

Congrats! It's beautiful. The man on the horse is awesome!

Catherine said...

Love it!

Angela said...

Love it Lisa :) Congrats on the finish!

Melissa said...

Congratulations, Lisa! You did a fabulous job! I have this in my stash - one of the many 'waiting in the wings'!

Nina said...

Such a great finish :) This design looks very beautiful!

Lesleyanne said...

Congratulations on your happy dance. It is lovely.

Nic said...

That is lovely - congratulations!

Cath said...

It's lovely , well done X mereos

cathymk said...

Beautiful finish Lisa! Congratulations!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Congratulations on your beautiful finish, Lisa! You did a great job and I can't wait to see how you choose to frame it!

Deb said...

What a great finish!!! I can't wait to see it framed.

staci said...

Oh it's lovely and you certainly deserve to be "thrilled to bits"! Congrats!!!

Micki said...

The designsi just wonderful!
Micki

Daffycat said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish, Lisa! Are you planning on another large project?

Mylene said...

Happy dancing here for you, Lisa. Congrats on a beautiful finish!!

Brigitte said...

It's a great finish, Lisa, and you can be so proud of it. Enjoy the feeling of accomplishment.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Yay! It looks fantastic! I bought this a few years ago to stitch for the DBF... still haven't gotten around to it.

Suzanne said...

Congratulations on the finish! This is a really lovely design.

Lisa said...

What a fabulous finish, looks lovely, I've put it on my wish list now :-)