Pages

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Easter Joy!

I received word that Shay received the Easter Exchange I sent her in our private exchange group.
This was my first attempt at this style of finish.  I followed the tutorial on BeckySC's blog and it turned out to be quite easy.  I have to say that it has become one of my favourite ways to finish an item now along with flatfolds of course.

Designer - San Man Originals
Pattern - Easter Joy
Fabric & Floss - 28 ct hand dyed evenweave & DMC
Finished - scissor pocket

I also sent Shay some extras, but I forgot to take a photo of them.  She may put some pics up on her blog soon, but anyway I sent some bunny paper egg holders, fabric, pin brooch, ribbon, and a Just Nan chart.
Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

15 comments:

stitcheranon said...

What a great finish! I am sure it will be much loved ;-)

Janaina said...

Great finishing indeed! It looks quite complicated to me... Dont think I have the required skills to put something like this together. Lol.
Hugs from sunny Brazil!

Catherine said...

You did a fantastic job!

BeckySC said...

Hello my friend!!
BEEutiful :) You did a wonderful job on it :) I love your choice of design and finishing fabric!!!
((((hugs))))

Deb said...

Lisa - What a beautiful finish! I'm sure that Shay just loved it!

staci said...

That is a darling exchange! You finished it off perfectly!!!

unikat said...

But it is nice to pinkeep. The wonderful colors, beautiful and sophisticated compilation.

Karen said...

Cute exchange! Love that egg fabric with that design.

Terrie - The Stitch Store said...

That is so pretty, way to go!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

You did a great job, Lisa! I'll bet Shay was thrilled!

Mylene said...

You finish it beautifully. I love it!

Andrea said...

A lovely finishing idea.

Brigitte said...

That's a nice Easter giftie. And so beautifully finished.

Micki said...

I love that way of finishing...just beautiful!
Micki

Suzanne said...

This is a lovely finish! I haven't tried a scissor pocket like this before, I think I will have to give it a try.