Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

Barrick Samplers "The Gilded Cage"

I managed to finish this little baby by the end of January, bringing my month total to 5 finishes, with 2 of those finishes for ME!!!


I have wanted to stitch this design for some time and finally got round to fitting it in.  I changed up some of the floss colours especially the border because I didn't want too much of the green that was charted.  I plan on framing this one and probably my LHN ABC123 finish aswell in the near future.

I also decided to go through my stash and pull all the designs that I want to stitch for myself. I found a nice folder which became my To Do folder and each chart is placed in the pocket inside and I will gradually work through them inbetween my exchange committments.
I am currently working on an Easter exchange piece and have chosen a colourful SanMan design for it.

Until next time dear stitching friends, happy stitching.
Lisa

19 comments:

Nic said...

Very pretty!

Ranae said...

Such a pretty finish, love the colors you chose

Melissa said...

I love the Gilded Cage. You must be so pleased with this one Lisa!

Lesleyanne said...

Congrats on your finish. Very pretty colours. I have my patterns in a folder too.

staci said...

Congrats on a wonderful finish...the colors and design are so pretty!

Catherine said...

What a pretty finish!

Angela said...

Lisa it looks wonderful! Isn't stitching for yourself fun :)

stitchinfiend said...

That is very pretty. Every blog I go to lately everyone seems to have the organising bug. Maybe I should organise my stash too.

Vonna said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Blu said...

Very pretty! Congrats.

Conny said...

Lisa, it looks beautiful. Love this design, have to stitch mine soon.

FayeRaye said...

Barrick Samplers are beautiful arent they??? This one is stunning! Nice job, Faye

Aussie Stitcher said...

That is a gorgeous finish, congratulations. Your framed pieces turned out great.

Suzanne said...

This is a beautiful design and you did such a great job of it. This one is in my "To Do" list.

Melanie said...

Your "Gilded Cage" is beautiful! I love this design and think I need to move it up in my "to-do" pile. It's nice doing some stitching for oneself, isn't it?

Lisa S said...

Very pretty Lisa!

shakatak66 said...

congrats on your finish - I absolutely adore this design, and love your changes :)

BeckySC said...

It's lovely, Lisa :) What a great finish !! Congratulations :)
((hugs))

Xangles said...

Loovely! Your work is soo neat,Lisa. Just recently bought this patterna and have been eyeing it as a new start.
{hugs} Pokua