Pages

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Lizzie Kate Finishes

I was the co-ordinator for Round 2 of the Lizzie Kate exchange and one of my members did not receive for the round, so I jumped in as an Angel Stitcher and made sure she received an exchange piece.  I stitched this piece up for Lisa not even knowing how much she loved watermelons and she had a shelf in her kitchen with all fruit and vegetable tableware, and this is where she now displays this piece.  I'm soo pleased my choice fitted in soo well and that Lisa enjoyed it.



This second LK piece is one I stitched for Linda in Round 3.  I was originally going to make a pillow finish, but when I attached the top and bottom strips of fabric a vision of a cracker just jumped into my head, luckily I had some lace remnants in my stash and it came together from there.  Unfortunately you cannot see all the design in the photo, there is a balloon and party hat on either side of the writing aswell.



Thank you to everyone that has signed up so far for my RAK giveaways.  There is still plenty of time to get your name in, just see the previous post.

Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

6 comments:

Angela said...

Both of them are wonderful but I just LOVE that cracker! Awesome idea :)

Brigitte said...

Wow! Both finishes are great and so beautifully finished.

BeckySC said...

Hwy Miss Lisa :) Both pieces look wonderful and how sweet of you to take on Angel stitcher :)

strivingforasimplelife said...

I love your finishes. :-)

I need to learn how to finish my projects. Most of mine are sitting in a plastic bag waiting to be framed. I would love to do something else with them besides framing.

Stephanie

Cole said...

Beautiful finishes!! And so sweet of you to angel Lisa, I'm sure she loves it!

Suzanne said...

Both a such lovely pieces you stitched. If you ever need an angel stitcher for an exchange, let me know, I am happy to do this.