Pages

Friday, December 11, 2009

Xmas Swap!

I joined SWAP with Nina's group for the christmas round this year and the person I had to stitch for was Carol Anna in Hungary.  I read that Carol Anna liked Bent Creek designs and traditional christmas things.  So I made the following for her.

Waxing Moon Designs "Merry Christmas" reindeer, made into a pinkeep which I found perfect backing fabric for.  Stitched on white linen with red dmc.




Bent Creek's "Red Winged Blackbird", I found a small journal that I covered in fabric and placed the design on the front, the pages inside are blank so she can use the journal for anything she likes.  Stitched on cream linen using dmc.




What a fun swap this was and Carol Anna was soo appreciative of all that I sent her, I received such a lovely email of thanks.  I was also super surprised at how quick she received the parcel, 7 days from Australia to Hungary.
I will be back shortly as I have heard today that another of my exchanges have arrived.
Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

9 comments:

Marie-P said...

Your pinkeep is goregeous and the backing fabric is perfect.
Very nice idea on the small notebook with a cute little design.

CindyMae said...

Love the pin keep and that backing fabric is perfect for it. Gorgeous finish. I just love the journal too, great and creative job on it!

Carol Anna said...

I would like to thank the wonderful gifts here!
Thanks,
Carol Anna

Nina said...

Lisa, these are such a great presents, wonderful work!

Angela P said...

Beautiful, beautiful exchange! I LOVE both the pinkeep and the Journal finish!

Daffycat said...

Just lovely! What a great exchange you sent. I really like the Red-Winged Blackbird journal!

Brigitte said...

What a wonderful exchange package you sent to Hungary. I love the pinkeep you made, it's so beautifully finished. And so is the notebooks which looks so special. A ery nice idea.

Michelle said...

What a beautiful exchange! I LOVE the pinkeep - could that backing fabric be any more perfect?

Carol Anna is very lucky indeed :)

Suzanne said...

What a great exchange! That backing fabric couldn't be more perfect. I love the journal cover.