Pages

Monday, October 5, 2009

An Autumn Blackbird!

Here is the lovely piece I received from Nancy in Round 2 at Blackbird Exchanges. She chose Bluebird's Needles & Pins from With Needle and Thread but changed the colours to a more Autumn palette. She used Tentakulum "Halloween" floss and finished it into a lovely pincushion complete with walnut shell stuffing. Thank you Nancy I really love it, and its my first pincushion with the walnut shells inside and it definately makes for a nicer weight and feel. Now if only I could find some of that stuff around here!
Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

8 comments:

Micki said...

The stitchery and the colours on that are wonderful!
Micki

Angela P said...

I love the autumn colors in this one :) I know what you mean about the walnut shells it does make it feel nicer but I can't find any either!

Claire said...

lovely stitching nice colours.
I'm following your blog heres mine if want to have a look
claire-stitchart.blogspot.com
Thanks Claire x

Andrea said...

A lovely exchange piece. I love the autumnal colours Nancy used.

Sharon said...

It's beautiful!

Chiloe said...

It's very nice !!!

CindyMae said...

That is gorgeous, I love it!!

Cindy F. said...

Pretty exchange! Nancy did a beautiful job!