Pages

Saturday, September 5, 2009

She Sells Wee Shells

My HOE By The Sea exchange has arrived at Michelle's place. I chose to stitch the Heart In Hand design "Wee Seashore", stitched it on ice blue 28ct evenweave and finished it off as a pillow. I had to hunt high and low for the little pink seashell button, every one of the local craft stores I went into had no sea themed buttons, so I was lucky to spot this one in a quilting shop as it was the only one they had. I included a cut of fabric, some dmc, blending filament and two other small buttons.
I really enjoyed stitching it, and the whole pillow vision was in my head when I signed up for the exchange, so I'm soo pleased it all worked out.

For those of you who asked about photos of my lounge room, I promise to take some during the next week, as my new kitchen is getting installed next Friday and I want to take some before and after shots of that too. We are still trying to work out furniture placement in the lounge, because we now have a slightly larger tv, the unit it sits on is a little higher than we would like and may have to buy a new low line unit instead. Its all happening for us at the moment, but we have waited 3 years to get this all saved up for and its definately exciting, its just that I have to deal with my family room looking like a storage area for a while yet, especially since the kitchen cupboards arrived and are piled in one corner.

Well now its onto some Halloween stitching for some upcoming exchanges.
Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

2 comments:

Angela P said...

I just love this little pillow, you did a great finish on this one :) I wonder who the surprises are for in your sidebar???? ROTFLOL :)

Daffycat said...

A very nice exchange! I love the sweet pillow.