Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

PS Santa

The exchange I made for the YLPS group Round 3 has been received by my partner Janet H (no blog). I stitched her a PS Santa and I changed him around a little by putting a snowflake in his hand rather than a pole. I stitched him on a natural linen using DMC and finished him as a pinkeep. Janet collects Santa's too, so it turned out to be a good choice for her.

I have been super busy lately, but not just on the stitching front. On the weekend we ripped up the carpet in our lounge room and bought new paint for the walls and also some new curtains and spent both days redecorating. Monday, my wonderful Dad came in and laid floorboards down for us, and now we have a wonderful new fresh lounge room which looks amazing. I'm soo excited because when we moved in it had a horrible feature coloured wall of this horrid orange terracotta colour and the carpet was on its last legs, so I have put up with it for soo long and now its all new and lovely. Mind you I am aching and sore from scraping up carpet remnants off the concrete floor and scrubbing and sanding walls back, muscles ache that I didn't even know I had!!
I have also been working on heaps of stitching but its not easy to talk about as they have been for birthday gifts and exchanges which are still waiting to go out.
Until next time dear friends, happy stitching
Lisa

7 comments:

Lana said...

Love the Santa!!! SOOO cute!!! i likehow you replaced the staff with a snowflake...very original!!!

Jan said...

Would love to see pics of your new lounge, Lisa! That is a lot of work, but so worth it in the end.

Love your PS Santa pinkeep, adorable!

Suzanne said...

This is a lovely Santa and the change you made is really nice. I can sympathise with the wall cleaning. I spent most of the weekend removing very stubborn wallpaper and my arms ache from all the work.

I would love to see photos of your lounge, we are planning to put timber floors down as well.

Micki said...

I love the Santa...He is so cute!
Micki

Carol said...

Santa looks great.

Ain't it great to have achy muscles from such a worthwhile renovation project :)

Daffycat said...

Darling Santa! I'm sure he is loved!

Enjoy your new room!

Andrea said...

Love the Santa ornament.