Pages

Monday, June 22, 2009

Umbrella Girls Pillow

This stitched piece started out life as a robin and it travelled around to 5 women to stitch on, Gretel, Margaret, Viginia, Gloria and Beryl. It was returned to me months ago and I have been contemplating how to finish it off. Well my trusty sewing machine was begging to be used over the weekend and with some lovely orange fabric in my stash that matched very well with the peach coloured aida it was stitched on, it started to come to life. I didnt however have any lace to run down the joining seams on the front, so instead I found some fabric flowers and placed some orange and clear beads in the middle. I was super pleased with the end result and have it sitting on my stitching chair. It is the first long pillow I have actually finished.

Over the weekend I also finished up my HOE Summer House exchange piece and started stitching the next animal on my PS WIP (as per my previous post). A rather productive weekend, I must say!!
Until next time, happy stitching.
Lisa

12 comments:

CindyMae said...

That is adorable! I love the finishing!!

Vonna said...

How very cute it turned out! Congratulations on the lovely finish!

Angela P said...

OMG!!! I LOVE it :) Fantastic finish, the fabric matches the design perfectly!

staci said...

Adorable finish! What a cute design to do as a RR :)

tkdquintmom said...

That's a great finish for that piece and what a special place to put it!

Marie said...

Stunning finish Lisa

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

That is too cute. Great finish.

Always smiling said...

I love the Umbrella Girls and the little pillow a fantastic idea and beautifully sewn.

Wips look good too
Hope to exchange with you perhaps in PS or Exchange Heaven

Chris x

stitcherydoo said...

Aw, how cute. Lovely way to finish the RR.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Lovely finishing job!

stitchesoftime said...

Hello there
I recently found your blog on a link and have just joined the All Season's Ornie Exchange and have been paired up with you for this next exhange. I have really enjoyed reading all your posts. I have chosen the design that I want to do for you so I hope you will like it - I know I will enjoy stitching it.
Thanks
Alison
http://stitchesoftime.wordpress.com

Dawn said...

How cute? So perfect! My girls love those (they're only 3 1/2 yrs old). Found your name thru other stitcher's blog ~ Dawn ~