Pages

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

My Birthday Gifts

Well I couldnt wait to get into my parcel from Hazel this morning, and what a wonderful parcel it is. A lovely stitched pinkeep from the book "Thank you Sarah Tobias" by BB Designs stitched on 40ct linen and she used Threadworx thread, also some of the most delicious chocolate I have ever had, hot chocolate sachets, pins, Dragon Floss made in Wales, UK and Hazel also made some thead holders using the backing fabric from the pinkeep, but my favourite part has to be the two charts she sent from my wishlist, The Gathering Place - Rabbit Run and The Sampler Girl - Rain in the Country. How lucky am I? Thank you Hazel for such a lovely start to my birthday, I love everything very much.
Next up was my parcel from Angela, and this was a surprise, because Angela made me one of her wonderful box finishes. Prairie Schooler "Friends" chart stitched on 28ct white evenweave using DMC floss. It is lined in a lovely green fabric with cording around the edges and Angela also included some fabric swatches for me as extras. I adore it and shall really cherish it.

I feel super special, having such wonderful stitching friends in my life.

On other stitchy news, I started on my HOE Xmas in July exchange piece, I am going with a Val's Stuff design this time.
Until next time, happy stitching everyone
Lisa

7 comments:

staci said...

Happy Birthday! You've received some really lovely gifts...enjoy!

Daffycat said...

Happy birthday, Lisa! I hope you had a wonderful day!

tkdquintmom said...

Happy Birthday! Angela's boxes are so wonderful. I have one of hers and she puts such joy into them! Enjoy all your stitchy stuff and the chocolate because you deserve it! :0)

Cindy F. said...

Happy Birthday Lisa!! Wonderful, beautiful gifts!!

CindyMae said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! Those are wonderful gifts! Hope that you had a wonderful day!

Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday! You received some really lovely gifts.

stacybinnj said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like you got some really very wonderful gifts!!! Stacy