Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

MAW Flatfold

My wish on the Make A Wish board was for a flatfold of an LHN design. Laurie granted my wish and sent me this lovely flatfold with the "Pine Tree Hill" design. This wintery design is perfect as we are now in Winter here in Aus and today it is pouring down.
I just love it Laurie, it is soo beautifully finished with the trims.

I came across some old pieced quilt squares last night. Many years ago I dabbled in quilting, my husbands grandmother was a quilter and spent time teaching me the basics, however I had to do everything by hand as I didn't own a sewing machine. I made 3 pillows and a table runner. When she passed away my enthusiasm for it dwindled and I stopped making things. What I found were squares that I had pieced together for a scrap style quilt and I actually have enough to make a cot quilt or lap quilt. So I might just start putting them all together and dabbling again. Gosh, where am I going to fit it in with all my other stuff I dont know, but I always give myself ample time to have exchanges finished and I have never sent out late, so I know I can manage my projects well. If it does come into fruition I will post my progress pics. I know many of my readers are both cross stitchers and quilters too, so I might just join the fold.

Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

5 comments:

Andrea said...

A wonderful MAW you have received. Beautifull yfinished as a flatfold.

tkdquintmom said...

That is a really pretty flatfold. What a nice gift. :-)

stitcherydoo said...

The flatfold is beautifully finished. What a nice gift!

Carol said...

Very nice flat fold.

Suzanne said...

That's a beautiful flatfold. I really love this design.