Pages

Monday, May 18, 2009

An Ornie & A Book

For the Stitching Bloggers Birthday Club my partner to send to for the year was Joke, her birthday was on May 15. I decided to stitch up the reindeer from PS Cranberry Christmas booklet and make it into a hanging pillow ornie for her christmas tree this year. It was a lovely stitch to do and I enjoyed it and the finishing off. Joke received the parcel a few days before her birthday but decided to wait until the day to open it. I included some stickers, fabric, a keyring, blending filament, floss rings, cording, robbin and a string of star charms to go with it.

I am still stitching away on my PS exchange piece, and I am also reading the book "Marley & Me" at the moment. Since my son wanted to join the local library, whenever he goes in and gets some books for himself I am also grabbing something for myself at the same time and getting back into reading again. I thoroughly enjoy reading True Crime stories aswell, if anyone knows of a good book in this genre please leave me a comment as I would love to hear your suggestions.

I had a super, fun filled weekend as my son turned 5 and we hired a bouncy castle and he had a couple of his friends around for a small party. I must say, I was pretty exhausted by the time they all left and could quite easily have gone to bed straight away. He thoroughly enjoyed himself and received some lovely gifts. My Dad took some photos and downloaded them onto a disk for me and I have to sort through them all tonight and see what came out.
Until next time, happy stitching.
Lisa

7 comments:

Daffycat said...

Lovely ornament for Joke!

If you like Marley and stories like that you can't go wrong with Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom.

My daughter just finished Dewey by Vicki Myron. I've not read this one yet but it's on my list. Jessie reports it a must-read.

Andrea said...

A wonderful ornament.

I've had the M&M book for 3 yrs and I can't read it, I get too upset. :(

CindyMae said...

Love the onrie, it is so cute!! Sounds like a great and tiring weekend!! So glad that DS enjoyed his birthday and a happy late birthday to him from me!`

Cindy F. said...

Great blog and awesome stitching Lisa! Happy Birthday to your son:)

Hazel said...

Its a great book! If you like cats too there's a really funny one called "The Cat who came in from the Cold" by Derek Longden. x

Aussie Stitcher said...

I have read Marley and Me, I loved it.

tkdquintmom said...

Lovie ornie! I'm with Daffycat on the must read Dewey. It was wonderful. My aunt got it for me for my birthday and well....have kleenex ready :-)