Pages

Thursday, May 7, 2009

Mothers Day Earring Box

Its Mothers Day in Australia this Sunday 10 May, so I got a little jump ahead and made my Mum a small box using a tin topper design I had in my stash. I personalised it with the word "Mum" on top. I am planning on going to the shops on Saturday and finding a nice pair of earrings to go inside as her gift.
I chose my floss colours to match in with the cording and ribbon I already had and I added the little fabric rose detail to the front.

I have been doing a little more stitching on my Hunt Sampler and I should have a photo for you all to see in my next post. I have put it down now for a little while so I can concentrate on my next Prairie Schooler exchange piece.
Until next time, happy stitching
Lisa

10 comments:

Suzanne said...

That's a really nice finish! I am sure your mum will really love it.

cathymk said...

Just gorgeous Lisa! What a lovely present for your mum.

Melissa said...

What a lovely finish too! It's very very pretty!

staci said...

What a sweet finish! I love the cheerful colors and what a great idea...I may have to remember that for next year ;) I'm sure your mum is going to love it!

CindyMae said...

That is lovely! I am sure that your mum is going to just love it!

Daffycat said...

Beautiful finishing on a lovely gift! This will be treasured!

tkdquintmom said...

That's a beautiful finsh, I'm sure she will love it.

Sandra said...

That's a lovely present!!! Sure your mom will love it!

Sharon said...

Gorgeous tin Lisa!

Chrissie said...

What a lovely gift you stitched for your mum. I bet she loved that. Hope you enjoy reading Marley and Me but prepare for a really sad ending. Have you seen the movie?

Chrissie