Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Exchanges for Jill

I was lucky to receive Jill's name in two exchanges recently, and I can now show you what I stitched for her. The first exchange was the HOE Lizzie Kate. I stitched "Bloom" and finished it as a small pillow. I was really excited about this finish as it was the first I had made up on my new sewing machine. I did a few trial runs first to make sure I got the hang of it, and then went for it, the front has the green fabric and the back has a soft pink fabric. I also included a pattern, some metallic thread, silver bows and gold snowflake charms.

Second exchange for Jill was the ASOE Winter ornie. I took one of the patterns from Prairie Schoolers "Winter Wind" using DMC threads on a cream linen, adding a little green tassel at the bottom.
I am still plodding along on Cyndi's snowmen robin, so no new stitching to talk about I'm afraid.

It was my son's first day at Pre-Primary today and here he is all decked out in his uniform. I'm lucky in that he has no problems leaving me and has no separation problems, he is used to being in day care so he really enjoys new places. Plus he knew his friends would be there aswell. He had a super morning and is looking forward to tomorrow.

Happy stitching.
Lisa

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Gorgeous exchange items you stitched. Your son looks cute all ready for school. It must have been a little sad for you.

Vonna said...

Very nicely done!
Your son is a sweetie :)

Angela said...

Both exchange pieces are very nicely finished! Congrats to you on the pillow on the sewing machine :) I hope to conquer my fear sometime this year! Your son is a sweetie :) I love his hat!

Daffycat said...

The stitching for Jill is lovely! Your sewing is wonderful!

Congratulations to your DS! I'm so glad he had fun. Funny to see him in shorts...here we are all bundled up for the cold!

cathymk said...

Your son looks so sweet, all ready for school!

Both exchanges are lovely! I really like the PS piece. I'll have to look out my pattern.