Pages

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Shepherd's Bush "Busy"

Well after all that exchange stitching, I have recently finished something for myself. I received a Shepherd's Bush kit recently in an exchange, so decided to give it a go. I have not used silks before, so it was quite a nice change, and they were very lovely to work with. I made a small adjustment by putting beads on the flowers but other than that everything else was done as per the design.

I finished the design as a tin topper, I had a round cookie tin that was calling out to be transformed (I had never done a round one before) and a lovely matching ribbon for the edge. I was quite excited by the result and I am not scared off round finishes anymore. I hope you like the end result.
My next stitching will be for a robin that I am involved in. It is for Cyndi, and the design is a row of seasonal snowmen.

Until next time, happy stitching.
Lisa

8 comments:

Melissa said...

Wow, Lisa, it's beautiful! What a lovely finish! So tell me, are you hooked on SB now? ;-)

Angela said...

Love it! Love it! Love it! Fabulous finish :)

Sharon said...

That is so gorgeous!

Danielle said...

I love it! Shepherd's Bush is my favorite designer and I hope to stitch this one someday.

cathymk said...

Absolutely fabulous Lisa! Great finish!

Ranae said...

Wow! you have a fabulous blog, how ever did I miss it? lol
Sb is a beautiful finish.
I love the Panda pillow.
I enjoyed browsing your blog, you do super stitching and finishing.

Daffycat said...

Gorgeous finish! I love this tin!

staci said...

This is sooo cute! I love how you've finished it too, it's perfect!