Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Cheryl's Reindeer Games Parcel

As the heading say's, I heard from Cheryl that the SBEBB Reindeer Games parcel arrived safely in Scotland.
I chose to stitch Cheryl a design from American Folk Art Designs which was of a reindeer that was dated back to 1666 design wise. I loved the look of this reindeer and I added the little white snowflake to its antler as an extra something. I used Six Strand Sweets floss "Black Licorice" and finished it as a no sew cube. The extras I included were a tea towel, wooden reindeer ornament, some floss and christmas charms. I am happy that Cheryl liked everything.

I myself received a wonderful parcel from my friend Jody (no blog) in the USA, we always send each other parcels at christmas time and birthdays. As soon as the box was opened this rather yummy smell was seeping out of the wrapping, inside I found a delicious "Gingerbread" candle, two squares of chocolate, a notepad with cardinals on it, two gorgeous cardinal ornaments for my tree, and some lovely ribbon. Jody stitched me a lovely ornament this year with a cardinal on it, I will take a picture of it and post it tomorrow.

After work today we are attending my son's Kindy Graduation Play. They are performing "The Very Hungry Caterpillar". It should be a lot of fun, hopefully I can take some photos there aswell.
Until next time dear friends, happy stitching.
Lisa

6 comments:

cathymk said...

What a lovely exchange to have sent - I love the design you selected.

Cheryl said...

And thank-you once again! I love everything you sent! Your pictures are much better than mine - just dont get enough natural light at the moment! Im not a fan of winter!
Hope the play went well :)

staci said...

Darling exchange...love the perfect bow on top!!!

Daffycat said...

Beautiful cube ~ gorgeous fabric on the back.

Lovely present from Jody! Enjoy!

Andrea said...

A wonderful cube, great finish.

Sharon said...

How lovely! Great job!