Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

WOW! A Great Mail Day

I had the best mail day yesterday, receiving 3 exciting things from around the world.

First up I received a beaut snowman from Jacq in the Netherlands, I entered a competition on her blog and was selected to receive a hand made gift by her, this gorgeous snowman is wonderful and I will definately be displaying him this year at christmas time. Thank you soo much Jacq, I will be treasuring this little guy.

Second, I received my HOE Mattress Pincushion exchange from Kate L, she stitched a sampler design on a lovely purple colour hand dyed linen, plus the extras she included will really come in handy. Thank you Kate.

And finally I received back a robin that was sent out last year when I was stitching on aida. It went out to 5 ladies around the world. I really like the final piece and I think I will make it into a long pillow when I dig my sewing machine out. The pattern was in an old cross stitch magazine and I liked the way that each girl could represent each lady that was stitching it, that is why I had them include their names above them.
I sent out my SBEBB Pumpkin Patch exchange and my HOE Mattress Pincushion exchange today, they are both off to European destinations. I will post pics when they are received.

Well I really hope you like my piccies today. Thank you to all for your lovely comments on my snowman robin, I am super pleased with it, the ladies did a wonderful job for me. Now to finish it.

I am currently working on some christmas ornies, 1 down, 2 to go and I have a personal Snowman exchange coming up that I have to think about aswell.

Happy stitching everyone.
Lisa V

5 comments:

Pumpkin said...

WOW! You had a GREAT mail day :o)

Your RR is very neat! What a great idea for a small group :o)

Angela said...

Ok, you just knew I was going to "love" that Snowman right?! Your robin looks fantastic too, wonderful idea! Enjoy.

staci said...

Your RR is really wonderful...you must be thrilled that it's finally home!

And the snowman is really cute, I rec'd one from Jacq too ;)

Daffycat said...

I love that rainy day RR ~ what a darling piece!

Oh, sweet snowman, you lucky girl! The exchange was really nice too.

Kathy A. said...

That is one sweet RR. That snowman is just too cute for words.