Pages

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Truly in Awe!

Yesterday I received the most amazing surprises in the mail. I am truly gobsmacked by both of these items, stitched by two very talented ladies.
First I received my SBEBB Pumpkin Patch exchange from Andrea and WOW. She stitched for me a JBW French Country Pumpkin design and made it into a bourse, using 32ct evenweave and WDW Terracotta. I have always been amazed at how these bourse's are made and I can now say that I own one. It is truly beautiful and I will treasure it always. She also sent me some Crescent Colours floss, ribbon for finishing, tassels and some great pumpkin fabric, and look at the cute hedgehog card she included. Thank you so much Andrea, I follow your blog in my sidebar and always admired your finishes, I am soo pleased to own one of your pieces.

Next, an amazing gift from Sandra. I stitched a PIF for Sandra and she sent me the following as a thank you. Sandra made this beautiful Shepherds Bush Antique Heart Needleroll for me using DMC threads on 28count evenweave, you can see the cute little silver charm on the front. It has been soo beautifully put together. I have also admired Sandra's finishes after seeing her photo album and am proud to own a finished item stitched by her. Sandra also included the cutest little glass hedgehog for me aswell, he takes pride of place in my growing hedgehog collection as my first glass one. Thank you for your kindness and generosity Sandra, I will never forget it and cherish what you made for me.

I am still waiting to hear if my partners for the SBEBB Pumpkin Patch and the HOE Mattress Pincushion exchanges have received them yet.
I have also finished putting together the MAW Mattress Pincushion for Sally, I am just waiting on her details and it will be off in the mail shortly.

I am thoroughly enjoying these exchanges and have signed up for two more, HOE Lizzie Kate and SBEBB Reindeer Games, how exciting, I prefer stitching for others and making up the exchange goodies more so than stitching things for myself, I do fit the odd thing in here and there but mainly stitch pressies for friends. I still have another 3 xmas ornies to finish and a snowman exchange so it definately keeps me busy.
Thank you all for stopping by. Until next time, happy stitching.
Lisa

10 comments:

Sandra said...

The bourse is lovely, I just love that Pumpkin design. The buttons on it, look like the same ones I used on the bourse I made for Chrissie. Glad you liked the needleroll and the hedgehog will be happy now he is living somewhere warmer than chilly Whitby.

Sharon said...

Both are quite lovely. Enjoy!

Angela said...

Hi Lisa, I love both of them :-) Enjoy!

cathymk said...

They are both gorgeous! Enjoy!

Hazel said...

Both beautiful gifties! xx

Daffycat said...

Oh, wow! That bourse is beautiful, you lucky girl! I love your needleroll and the little glass hedgehog too!

Andrea said...

Glad you liked the package Lisa. It was my pleasure to stitch for you. I still can't believe it took so little time to get to you.

Judith said...

What a beautifull exchange. Also wanted to let you know that the pumpkin one has arrived and I am very happy.
Thanks so much

Einschies stitching blog said...

Hi Lisa,

just want to say thank you for your wonderful pincushion package through HOE, I love everything you sent and the pincushion is gorgeous;-)) And I love strawberries;-))))And I always love to get buttons and charms,-)))

Thanks and a big hug,
Gaby

Carol said...

Gorgeous! Andrea is very well known for her outstanding exchanges ;-)