Pages

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

A Robin Returns & 2 New Friends!!

I received a lovely surprise in the mail today - my Wannabee Bears robin had returned home from Jody's house along with some new friends. My Wannabee Bears was a robin between myself and three very good friends I have made through the stitching world, Angela, Jody and Mary Jo. I asked them to each stitch one of the bears and place their name underneath and when it returns I will make it into a wall hanging. I really wanted a piece that would be special, that I could keep forever, that they had all stitched on. All I have to do now is stitch in Mary Jo's name (as she forgot) and then find some material that will match in well for the wallhanging sides.


Well my special new friends in the parcel were these little fellows below, they are just too cute and Jody knows me well, hehe!!! She also sent me some lovely Silkweaver Peachy Keen 32ct Belfast linen, hand dyed thread, flower buttons, Heart In Hand - Christmas Bird and some other patterns. I feel very spoilt today and what a wonderful surprise - Thank you soo much Jody!!!!

I am currently working away on a Designer Stitched Square exchange that is between myself, Angela and Jody again, we listed 3 favourite designers and our partner chooses a pattern from one and stitches it up and sends it off. When received, we can then make it into whatever finish we like.

Time to go, take care everyone and happy stitching!!
Lisa

6 comments:

Kathy A. said...

Those are just the sweetest little bears. and those hedgehogs - too cute for words

Artystitches said...

Those bears are so cute, what a nice idea.

Daffycat said...

That is a really cute round robin! Plus the little hedgehogs are adorable!

Einschies blog said...

a fourth person to do an exchange like the mentioned one, you can copunt me in;-)) Would love to do that, just to stitch a piece without finishing, sounds like fun,-))

Gaby

Einschies blog said...

Wahhhh where is the first part of my comment??? I said I love your bears and if you are ever searching for a foruth person etc....

Gaby

Dawn B. said...

Love the little bears and the hedghogs are also very cute.