Pages

Friday, August 15, 2008

LK Flatfold

Karen has received the flatfold I made for her through the Make A Wish Exchange Board.
She wished for a flatfold and her likes were quite varied so I chose a christmas theme of one of her favourite designers "Lizzie Kate".

I really, really enjoyed doing this pattern, the colours were just lovely and then the finishing was fun. I was lucky that my local craft store had just got in some christmas themed fabric and I chose a lovely deep red and gold colour for the backing and some red ribbon with white dashes through it and a contrasting green ribbon with mustard coloured dots for the top feature. I have to admit that it has been one of my favourite finishes to date, and I am soo pleased that Karen loved it.


I have finished working on the stitching for my needleroll, all I have to do now is put it together and post it off. This may be a weekend project.

I am now working on a small evenweave robin that belongs to Angela, its a personal robin between 4 friends. Angela chose the Waxing Moon design "Halloween Stack" and I am stitching the top section which involves the ghost, moon and bat. I should have it finished very soon as it has solid blocks of colour, and then its off to Jody in the US.

Hope one and all have a fabulous weekend and happy stitching to you all.

Lisa

8 comments:

Julie said...

Lovely LK flatfold Lisa!

Angela said...

The flatfold is just gorgeous! I can't wait to see a pic of my Halloween stack when you are finished and the needleroll too!

Mom said...

Lisa. I'm so impressed with your flatfold. I've never seen one before and would like some basic instructions for assembling one. What a great idea for displaying seasonal needlework! Thanks

Daffycat said...

Lisa, how wonderful...this is such a nice flatfold! Well done!

Dawn B. said...

I love LK and You did a great job with this one.

cathymk said...

What a fabulous finish! I love LK's christmas designs!

Andrea said...

A fabulous finish. Congratulations.

Sharon said...

Gorgeous flatfold! Congrats on the lovely finishing.