Pages

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Another Fob!

I made this fob as a birthday gift for my dear friend Angela. Her birthday isn't until the end of September, however I usually get a parcel together and send it SeaMail in June so it will reach her on time. This parcel seemed to arrive a good month early instead and she just couldn't resist opening it, so I get to show you the finished piece early.

I made this fob the same time I made the other fob for my friend Mary Jo and the tin for Jody, I had a spurt of making gifts for friends.
I managed to finish putting together my needleroll last night for the HOE exchange and will be posting the parcel out in a couple of days to my partner. I really hope they like it, its my second attempt at a needleroll and I am pleased with how it turned out.

I have never mentioned on my blog before about my weight loss goals, I joined Curves in Feb/March this year and changed my eating habits to try to lose some excess weight. I am not considered to be majorly overweight but I am overweight for my height. I have approx 15kgs to lose to be my ideal weight for my height (lowest point), I have already managed to lose 4.9kgs of that but the big difference is in my cm's lost, I have lost a total of 35.5cms all over since going and am now fitting back into my pre pregnancy clothes again..YIPPEE!!!! Most of those cm's have come away from my thighs, abdomen and arms. I am thrilled soo far with the results and have also just recently cut down on wheat products in my eating and am hoping this will help push along the kg's loss.
I wanted to try and lose this extra weight before I considered whether or not to have another baby, as I dont want to be fighting off more weight if I stayed as I am and got pregnant. Decisions, Decisions, I will probably get down to my ideal size and then not want to ruin it. haha!!!

I would love to hear from anyone who is also trying to budge those extra kilo's and if you have any advice on how to get rid of it faster.

Until next time dear friends. Happy Stitching & exercising.

Lisa

4 comments:

debbie said...

sorry i don't have any suggestions for you. I have 5 kids that i am trying to shed the extra weight from. I was doing Curves until i hurt my back...I should check into it again...Good Luck to you!!

Angela said...

My scissor fob is wonderful! Sounds like you have been busy and I look forward to seeing my Halloween stack and your needleroll. Great job with the weight loss, maybe I should try Curves.

Daffycat said...

I would not have been able to resist opening the package either! The fob is really adorable!

Congratulations on your weight loss~great job!

Einschies blog said...

Well Lisa, you are doing pretty good in loosing weight, i wish I could also*sigh*...it´s my biggest challenge I ever tried...again and again....I really know everytzhing about changing eating habist but it is sooooooo difficult...

And what is "Curves" ??? I haven´t heart about that before, well, i am a German girl;-))

Gaby