Pages

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

What a Weekend!!

Hi everyone, I had a very productive weekend and managed to achieve two finishes, however I can only show you one for now. I made a gift for a friend who does read this blog so I can't go into detail, it was my first attempt at this particular finish and I was really pleased with the end result, as soon as she receives it I will post a pic.
The second finish was also something I had never tried before, a no-sew cube, however mine is a no-sew rectangle. I finished this cute little pattern for myself and I can quite proudly say that it was also my first attempt on linen. I have been stitching on evenweave for a while now but never made that step to linen, but there had to come a time and I was quite surprised at just how easy it was anyway.

Stone & Thread - Hoppity

32ct pale green linen & DMC threads

Finished as a no-sew rectangle

I used the same ribbons as I used for my Mum's flatfold that I finished last month because I thought they matched in perfectly.

I also found out my new partner for Fair & Square Round 8 - Diane M, I am looking forward to this round and I hope I can find something perfect to stitch for you Diane.

On the home front I am still not 100% at the moment. I thought I was on the way to getting rid of that horrible sore throat and flu I had but it seems to have crept back with a cough now. Most disappointing I must say!! I am geting a little bit annoyed at the sleepless nights and banging headaches that are coming with it aswell. Oh well, these things are sent to test us arent they?

On a happier note I received my new (and 1st) thread packs for the LHN Little Women series yesterday from Mary Kathryn. Its soo cute and I look forward to getting stuck into it soon.

Now to go and find the next project to get stuck into!! Happy stitching to all.

Lisa

4 comments:

Carol said...

Your cube is lovely!

Daffycat said...

Your cube turned out really sweet...great job!

I hope you're feeling better soon!

Angela said...

Your cube looks fantastic! Hope your feeling better soon as well, I think we have both been sick enough to last a lifetime!

staci said...

I hope you're feeling better soon! Your cube finish is wonderful, love the sweet bunny too!