Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Couple of Things to Show..

Hi All, well it appears as if I am back to the land of the living with no more power cuts destroying my evening stitching sessions. YAY! Its really amazing just how much you rely on electricity and also how hard it is to keep a 4 year old occupied when he cant see his toys to play with and keeps asking to watch his shows every 5 minutes. If you can imagine two adults and a 4 year old sitting in a room playing shadow dinosaurs by candlelight and roaring and carrying on, that was us.

My F&S Round 8 squares were received by Diane M and I can now show them to you. I took different elements from LHN's "The Bookshelf" design to make the squares up, and just used DMC colours required (I think I changed the colour of one of the ladies dresses) and a white/grey coloured linen.

I also received my first Make A Wish exchange from Kate. I requested a needlebook as I havent received one before. Kate chose a Prairie Schooler design that was published in The Gift of Stitching magazine last February and modified it slightly to her liking. Its soo sweet, one side has the sheep and the other side has a swan and beehive, she lined it with a green mottled fabric and brown felt inside for the needles and it was finished off with a purple satin ribbon.

I am still working away on the needleroll for HOE, I think this one will take me a little while as it has a few colour changes here and there.

Hope you all enjoy your stitching time.
BFN
Lisa

2 comments:

Angela said...

OK, the power thing had me laughing! I've been there and done that more times than I care to think about, it's difficult for kids to understand how power works. The needlebook is lovely.

Daffycat said...

Having no electicity can really get old fast...it looks like you all survived with good humor!

Your squares are terrific! And the needlebook Kate made you is awesome...it's in my favorite colors too!