Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2008

My First Flatfold


For Mothers Day I found a beautiful pattern of some snowdrops with the word "Mother" twining through them and decided to stitch it up for my Mum. I was orginally going to do a pillow ornament finish with it, but I thought it would only be stuck in a drawer then, so on finding Vonna's tutorial on a flatfold I decided to give it a go.
The hardest part was finding matching fabric and embellishments at my local craft store as it isn't on the largest size. Anyway I was lucky enough to find a lovely rose/pink fabric, a mint green cording and some beautiful satin green ribbon and a larger brown/pink ribbon with flowers. I was amazed at the way it came together, it took me a while because I wanted everything to be perfect, but I love the end result. I also found a perfect purple dragonfly charm that I added to the front of the design aswell.
My Mum adores it and it proudly sits on her bedside drawer.
I will definately dabble in this finishing techique again, it is soo different, and a classy way to display your work and you can really experiment with your colour choices and embellishments.
Until next time
Happy Stitching
Lisa

9 comments:

tangerinedream73 said...

I love your blog, stop on over to mine sometime. http://crossstitchandcupcakes.blogspot.com/

Amy Varnell-Miller

Angela said...

I think this is beautiful! You did an amazing job for the first flatfold finish!

vEr0n!c@ said...

This is very pretty. Great job on it.

Love your blog. I'll definitely come back to visit.

Vonna said...

LOVELY! Expertly done! Bravo!

stitcherw said...

Your Snowdrop piece turned out lovely. You did a beautiful job on the flatfold too, I'm not surprised your mother loved it.
Sue

Donna said...

Very lovely! Welcome to blogland too; you're going to enjoy it!

Susieq said...

Lisa, I really like your blog, and enjoyed listening to some of your favortite music.

Michele said...

great start on your blog Lisa :) and what a wonderful gift for your mom! you did a great job on the flatfold :)

Marie-P said...

What a gorgeous piece! You did a wonderful finishing job on it.