Pages

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Biscornu Gift Received & Family Life

I'm not feeling 100% at the moment, sore throat and headaches galore are taking over my every waking hour. During the night my 4 year old son called out to me in tears saying that he had hurt his foot, he promptly went back to sleep and I didnt think much else of it until this morning - well, I was shocked to find his foot the size of a balloon and bruised quite badly, soo off to the doctors we went. After waiting an hour and a half to get in the doctor was pretty baffled, an xray showed no fractures but he couldn't get over how swollen it was and the bruising. Well we now have to rest (rest, a 4 year old rest, ha) until next Tuesday and see if the bruising and swelling goes down, if not its off to get blood tests done.
He is now sat with me at work waiting for his Dad to come and pick him up, and he is proudly showing off his bandaged foot to everyone that walks through the door.

On stitching news I received an email from my dear friend Angela in Canada that she had received the biscornu I had made for her as a surprise, I sent it back with a robin I had finished stitching. Angela likes cats, so I thought the pattern was just right and I tried the tassels as an experiment and was quite happy with them. We both have become biscornu addicts since attempting our first one together, here we were soo worried about even trying one and now we cant get enough of them.

Well thats really all I have to talk about today, I'm just trying to relax and get better at the moment, and hopefully my next post will find me all back to normal.

Bye for now

Lisa


3 comments:

Einschies blog said...

Lisa, good start into your blog life;-)))
I like the cats Biscornu you´ve made:-))

Gaby/Germany

Angela said...

I really hope you are both feeling better soon. I really love my Cat biscornu, it's so me! And to think we were both scared, ha! You did a wonderful finishing job :-)

staci said...

Hi Lisa, found you through the F&S :) Welcome to blogging, your blog (and stitching) look fabulous!!!